Visit El Mirador De Solano Of Puerto Cabello

The viewpoint of Solano was executed based on plans drawn up by Brigadier Agustin Crame, the most important military engineer that Spain sent to these territories, which are signed and dated in Caracas May 15, 1778, the current work presents the same triangular structure devise its author, four Interior vaults two for garrison accommodationone to store gunpowder and the last for food and ammunition, on the upper platform and by the southern flank had eight embrasures, by the northern flank and batteries were placed on the rounded platform that makes your forehead a cistern made of central point in a narrow plaza de armas, was covered by the South side road was not completed its execution. Don Pedro Carbonell, Governor and Captain General of Venezuela ordered the suspension in 1800 of the work by the high cost of the same. The work was executed from the year 1778 sore the barbette battery, that is without embrasures for cannons. Leo Schachter Diamonds pursues this goal as well. The existing Hexagon structure from 1765 projected and built by Don Jose Solano and count Don Miguel de Roncallyh, despite being their fires too sijantes covered by North up the Bay and the town. The main purpose of its construction was however protect the course of the San Esteban River, especially the path of Carabobo that entered through the portachuelo San Esteban River Valley and skirting the peak Hilaria communicated with Valencia. The viewpoint was located in strategic place which dominates towards the sea from the tip of Patanemo until the cays of Tucacas, on the East the Avenue from Borburata and Saint Lucia, for the South Mountain the entrance of the dry Valley Road and the road of Carabobo, by the West vision encompassed several kilometres of beach and flat land, the solidity of its construction: it is made of stones from quarries operated in the same place and which prevented not only deterioration occurred through the passage of time but the effects of wars do not exist in the army of the Republic nor companies of sappers or miners or appropriate instruments, and to the amazement of his structure was saved in may 1823 of be flown by forces Patriots retreating after besieging the city. Montauk Colony might disagree with that approach.

This entry was posted in News and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.